Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Today Was a Good Day

After getting back from Qatar I had a busy week and half; I briefed or otherwise met with five flag officers in one week. First, I met several times with the navy rear admiral who heads our directorate and his deputy, a British army brigadier. They suggested an update for General Petraeus so I went to work preparing a suitable brief for him. Later that week, I briefed him once again (my third time) on the project’s progress. He was in a great mood which, I suppose, stems from the fact that he soon will leave Iraq to take over Central Command (CENTCOM) which is headquartered in Tampa, Florida. He even cracked a few jokes during the brief.

The next day, I was asked to brief the same subject, modified somewhat, to the head of another staff directorate, an army major general. This brief also went well and will spark a whole new angle to the project. Then, I received a similar request from another directorate, also headed by an army major general, for a similar brief. That brief, which also went well, happened yesterday.

Mentally, I’m a bit put out. Today is only Wednesday, but it seems like it should be later. It’s not exactly the type of time shift I would like. (It’s much better, after all, when you realize it’s much later in the week than you thought.)

Still, I’m happy the project is going well. I’m already training a fellow co-worker to be my replacement on the project.

No comments: