Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Amy


Much has happened since the last round of Enrique Iglesias and William Wallace pictures were swapped with Neil, our Scottish co-worker. While I thought NASCAR might be a new (and seminally American) theme to exploit against Neil, another idea evolved spontaneously: pictures of troubled English chanteuse Amy Winehouse. Her CD, which recently won five Grammy Awards, arrived with the same shipment that my friend in New York sent. I asked Neil what he thought of her. He said she looked ghastly in real life, unlike the highly engineered picture of her on the CD cover. Poking around the Internet did turn up some gems which I immediately began printing and placing around Neil's desk.

One of the more recent photos of Amy, now a blonde, I placed on Neil's phone mouth piece while he was away from his desk. He came back and his phone rang. I looked over my shoulder and heard him talking with an Iraqi government official. As he spoke, I saw him pull the phone receiver away from his mouth and stare in horror as he realized he had been intimate with Amy. I could hardly contain myself.

Neil's revenge was equally creative. He found some really bad pictures of her, printed them and placed them in a variety of places to include my desk drawers, underneath my mouse pad, and several creatively placed photos in my notebook which I kept discovering during meetings.

Neil left a few days ago on his R&R trip which will coincide with the birth of his first child. We wish him well! Amy misses him...

Updated on 20 Feb: We received word today that Neil's wife gave birth to a bouncing baby girl. Congrats!

No comments: