Sunday, April 13, 2008

What Kids Send Us




Recently, we received a big shipment of kid’s art from several schools in the Great State of Texas. An enterprising staff officer took the time to post them in the hallway outside our offices. A few of the pieces caught my attention; I love the genuine nature of kid’s art. My attractive wife tells me our two year old son is very much into drawing but, at his formative skill level, is only able master squiggly lines at the moment. The art sent to us is mostly from second and third grade classes and carry many encouraging messages. My favorites appear here.

Come Home Soon – I love the sentiment and appreciate the metaphor of aliens, who must also be far from home, standing next to their space ship waving hello

I (heart) Monkeys – This has nothing to do with wishing us well but, having grown up with a little sister, appreciate the duality of the sentiment and aspersion to the artist’s sister.

Our Country Will Win – This one speaks for itself.

Thanks, Kids from Texas. You are Great Americans.

1 comment:

Suzy Peluda said...

Hey bro...your little sister (who is almost 40 now...) loves you and misses you very much. COME HOME SOON!

V