Friday, October 17, 2008

NMPS - Day 2

Day two consisted of a final administrative push to complete my DD-214, the form which documents my military service and secures veteran's benefits. It involves a thorough review of my existing record and a description of what I did over the past year. During the process, several drafts are produced which I was required to edit and correct. By lunch time, I was done the travel desk procured a flight back to my home in northern California.

After signing the final papers, I went back to the BOQ, checked out, drove my rental car back to the airport and camped out in the waiting area. Unfortunately, no earlier flights were available. Sitting here in the passenger terminal, still in my desert uniform, I am overwhelmed by the site of normal people. I guess the transition will take some time getting used to.

In a few hours I will get to see my attractive wife and handsome son.